Sunday, November 11, 2012

Weekly Weigh-In #3

Eeek! What a week. I feel like I was SO good. I ate healthy, and I ate a LOT! You wouldn't believe the amount of food on my plate last night, and it all came in under 500 calories (kabobs with chicken, mushrooms, zucchini, onions... basted in homemade honey balsamic vinaigrette and grilled... with fresh broccoli sauteed (with no oil!) with some garlic and salt and pepper, and broccoli cheese rice... so so good.) Who ever said 'dieting' meant starving yourself!? Another night I had the most LOADED grilled chicken cobb salad... chicken, avocados, boiled egg (whites), bacon, onion, tomato, bleu cheese crumbles, cucumbers, spinach, arugula, lettuce, low fat balsamic dressing. I couldn't even finish it! You don't have to eat a tiny bit of yucky food to lose weight! I worked out like crazy this week too. I set a goal last week of 12 miles. I ended up doing 14.6. Some was walking around base housing, some was treadmill, and most of it was on the elliptical (much easier on my hip!) but I am happy that I not only met but surpassed my goal! I also started adding back in some strength exercises this week. Alternating machines, doing legs and back one day and arms and abs the next. (Well, I kind of did abs every day, a crunch routine!) I have felt so good this week. I even had a few treats along the way, and never went over my calories! That's part of my secret. If you really feel like you need something... let yourself have it. If you don't, you'll binge on it later. Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches are my GODSEND! Love them. Anyway, this has been a pretty unchallenging week as far as temptations, so I guess you all just want me to get to the good stuff right? I guess it's time to reveal that I exceeded not just my distance goal, but weight too! Hoody-Hooooo! 

Last week I weighed:
198.8 pounds

This week I weigh:
194.8 pounds

For a weekly weight loss of:
4 pounds

and an overall weight loss of:
4.79% 


I'm so excited! 4 pounds!! The normal way, the healthy way, by myself most of the time (I miss my gym bestie :( wahhhh Tara move back). I'm already almost 1/5 of the way to my 50 pound goal, and only 3 weeks in! I'm seeing definite differences in my body (though the pictures don't show as much, bad angle maybe? I see it, Chad's mentioned it... it's there!) On that note. Pics!




I really hate this week's pictures. Maybe it's a combination of lighting, distance to camera, etc. But I don't see my progress in these pictures like I do in the mirror. Except my back boobs, they're definitely shrinking ;)


This week's goals!
15 miles (whoa Nelly!)
192.8 pounds (for a 2 pound loss for the week, can't expect another 4 pound loss, though it would be awesome!)


Today is my cheat day... it gets me over my cravings for the rest of the week. We were at the bowling alley yesterday and my willpower was waning at the smell of curly fries!) back at it tomorrow, planning an extra long gym trip! Thanks for reading, and for your support :)

No comments:

Post a Comment